Provide your staff with the confidence and skills they need, with this two day combination of theory, techniques and practice.
- Class Introductions, Housekeeping
- Commander brief
- Review of workshop objectives; assessment of class expectations.
- Duties and role of a scribe
- Reporting structure
- What goes in the notes?
- Expectations of the Commander
- The importance of the rationale behind decision making
- Appropriate language to use mindful of potential for notes to be used in future legal proceedings or investigations
- Note taking principals
- Disclosure obligations.
- Practice. Review and questions.
- Introduction to SMEAC (Situation, Mission, Execution, Administration/Assets, Command/Control/Comms);
- Agency specific applications of principals taught
- Preparing for duty / court
- The working environment
- Review of lessons learned
- Techniques for effective note taking and “Board” work.
- Review and questions.
- Workshop assessment.